This is the most easy and delicious cake recipe.
- Dates: 100 gram, chopped
- Apricot: 100 gram, chopped
- Plain flour: 150 gram
- Baking powder: 1 heaped teaspoon
- Nuts: 75 gram, chopped
- Glace Cherries: 150 gram halved
- Orange: 1, zest only
- Orange juice: 75ml
- Mixed spice: 1 ½ teaspoon
- Dried cranberries: 50 gram
- Butter: 200 gram, soft
- Whisky: 100ml
- Eggs: 5, lightly beaten
- Black treacle: 2 tablespoons
- Muscovado sugar: 200 gram
- Mixed dried fruits: 500 gram
- Cold black tea: 225 m
- First of all mix the cranberries, cherries, dates, dried fruits and apricots in a bowl and then add treacle, zest, teadirect gold tea, orange juice and whisky in it. Boil it while stirring then after ten minutes remove it from heat and leave the mixture for cooling.
- Put the mixture for the whole night or as long as you can.
- Preheat the oven to up to 140 degrees.
- Take a 20 cm round cake tin and grease it lightly.
- Now put all the remaining ingredients of the cake except the nuts in a large bowl and mix them. Then fold in the tea soaked fruits and nuts.
- Drop the mixture in the tin that you have prepared for it. Level the top and make a slight dip towards the center. With a double thickness of brown paper cover the sides of the cake.
- Check the cake after 3 hours. If the surface is getting too much brown then cover it with parchment paper. Then again check the cake after 30 minutes.
- Leave it to cool for 15 minutes in the tin, then turn it out and allow cooling.
- When the cake become cool then get ready to decorate it. For decorating the cake first of all dust the surface with icing sugar. Roll the marzipan slightly larger than the cake in a round shape.
- Heat the apricot jam and pour it over the cake. Then put the marzipan with your hands on the cake to make a smooth and flat surface.
- If you want a perfect cake and you have enough time than cover the cake with tea towel and leave it for one day.
- Put the 150g of fondant icing on a flat surface and cut it according to your own choice in different shapes as you like.
- Now brush the cake with a small amount of water. Roll the remaining icing to 33cm round and put it on the cake especially on the sides. Make the uneven areas of the cakes even with your hands.
- In the last put the shapes on the cake that you have prepared and finish it with ribbon.
Easy and Delicious Cake